In life so many goals seem hard. They seem time consuming. They seem like they may be too hard to achieve so why start. It all starts with one step at a time!
It all starts with one step at a time!
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao-Tzu
Have courage to push past the fear!
Instagram – I was afraid to hit ‘send’ on my early Instagram posts.
- What will people think?
- Will people judge me?
- What do I have to offer?
These were just some of the questions or negative thoughts that come into your mind. Here’s what I learned;
- People really don’t care about what you are doing as much as you think.
- People want to learn from others that have done what they want to do. You do have value to offer others that were where you were a year or two back.
- Social media was a way to connect with some great people. A way to build relationships.
Real Estate Investing – I was afraid doing my first few real estate transactions. Here’s what I learned;
- A duplex led to a 76 unit $6mm deal, which led to a co sponsor $15mm deal, which led to a co sponsor $30mm deal. Had I not done the duplex the other deals most likely would not have come.
- There are great people that have done what you want to do that enjoy helping and teaching others.
- What used to be scary is no longer scary. This is when we push ourselves to go after the next uncomfortable goal.
Podcast – I was afraid to start a podcast. I had no idea how to do it. Here’s what I learned;
- For Instagram and real estate investing, I hired people to teach me and that helped me shorten the timeframe to success.
- I did the same for podcasting. I jumped on a plane and attended a podcast conference where I learned and I also met a consultant that I hired to help me launch the podcast.
- Once we launched, I found I really enjoyed doing the podcasts. I enjoyed meeting new guests. I enjoyed learning from these guests. I enjoyed hearing positive feedback from listeners telling me they are learning from listening.
YouTube – we just launched a YouTube channel and we are trying to understand that platform and learn how to grow and put out videos that will help more people. This was scary and it’s new and we are still learning but the opportunity is so exciting to impact so many people. Looking forward to the future!
Why do I share this story with you?
There is a lot to be scared of in this world but much of it is in our own mind. Have the courage to take action and push past the fear!
We recently launched a YouTube channel.
Some people enjoy videos and some people enjoy podcasts, please support us by Subscribing to our channel. Link below.
If you’ve already Subscribed, then thank you and please share the show with a friend!